Wednesday, February 19, 2014

In Light of Recent Events


Unfortunately, the post I wanted to get to today will have to wait for another time.

Time being the key, operative word here. I don't have as much as I'd hoped for. This happens when you have a youngster with multiple disabilities, one of them related to aggressive behaviors, in the public school system, and you get phone calls that suck you into it's vortex away from your job and away from other things you may have going on.

See? I have a LOT to catch you people up on. So many unfinished rants.

Like Tscychovsky or Schubert, with symphonies left un-done, I have pages of un-refined, un-released bitching I have been itching to unleash. Huh? Who are those guys? Aren't you the dude who likes to talk about titties? And while we're at it...waitaminute...didn't you say yesterday that this was going to be a whole new era, a more positive Lilly? That you were tired of being a Negative Nancy?

Yeah.

That was yesterday.

Today? I'm just tired. And I haven't showered since Monday. I feel gross. I meant to shower on Tuesday. Just never got around to it. Carter was home sick, time slipped out of my hands, and by the time I had to watch the kids at night (Jen works some late night shifts now)...well, I never am comfortable in the shower if Bennett is here without other supervision. I'm just not. And he didn't fall asleep until REALLY late. By then I just didn't care.


Then today, I figure I hit the shower mid-afternoon, after I get some make-up work done. Nope, not gonna happen. Phone call. Remember? So shower has to wait along with everything else. Typing this in short, controlled bursts while I manage him.

Getting a chance to finalize it while he is in the tub. I have line of sight and the tub always (scratch that...most of the time) seems to grok with him. He's cantankerous as all get out today too. Hence...the phone call. But I suspect he has a stomach bug. Some extra poopage even with highly constipating medication. That and a heightened aggression level. Slight change in what he is asking for eating-wise. Overall, something is off about him.

Just wish he could FUCKING TELL ME!!!

Ahh...that feels so much better. Like putting on a nice worn-in old coat and finding a crisp $50 bill in it from the winter before. I can already see I am going to feel much more relaxed this year But yeah...we still have major communication delays and stuff like that out the wazoo. In fact, even though a lot of stuff has changed in a year? A lot hasn't. Just like the rest of ya.

Let's see...I've covered being smelly and unwashed, boobs, feces, classical music, hulking out, hinted at how I am starting to see just how monumentally difficult is with having a disabled child in our public educational system...aren't you glad I decided to come back?

PEACE.

11 comments:

  1. Yep. Definitely glad you're back. (Personally feeling pretty relieved that my kid's OT told me the school system won't do squat for her once she turns five, so I can skip it. Though that means we're on our own so maybe not so relieved.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it looks like meetings are being set in motion, so there may be a lot to write about. I guess the good news is there is a fall-back position for Bennett outside of the system. This was a test really to see if we wanted him in the system. Truthfully, we aren't sure if the system wants him. But I am seeing a microcosm of many aspects of Disabled V. Typical play out before me...it really is exhausting.

      Delete
  2. Oh how I have missed you, Sure glad you came back. I had been having visions of you resorting to scrawing blograffiti on bath room stalls just so your inner writer could have a say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Nah, I just scrawl my phone number there. Smart phone number now.

      Delete
  3. Ah gratuitous boob mentions, how I've missed you. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but aren't you a bit surprised that I knew the some real composers who had actual unfinished symphonies, instead of some of the cliche ones people normally use? I mean, in addition to the boobies? Don't tell anyone, I was in an orchestra for a while when I was a kid and I still loves me that classical music. I smell a post about THAT. Or maybe that's just me.

      Delete
  4. I think you are eating too much kale or spinach or something. Try some carrots and colloidal silver to get the right color balance back ;-) ..... so nice to see you back and posting. It's your blog zilly so write whatever you want and your feeling and reality don't have to be labeled as negative or positive - they are what they are. Let it fly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I probably will. I'll have some restraint on some things but...nah...probably not.

      Delete
  5. I think most days without a shower for me is 2. maybe 3. So well done on that point. I did wonder if I was in the right place when I saw Tscychovsky and Schubert. Thought maybe someone had hacked your blog. Our son Zac starts Kindergarten in the fall so that will be interesting. I am not hearing so many hopeful stories out there but i guess i'll keep an open mind.

    ReplyDelete