Thursday, February 26, 2009

Throwing Crap at the Wall

I hate to be the one to break the illusion, but I have a confession to make. I don't often write these on the day they go up. I can't. The main reason is that I have a job to do during the week, and since someone is paying me to do that, I feel a little weird writing a blog all day. So as you read this, which I think is really going to be Thursday or Friday, it is actually, for me, Sunday. Sunday evening as a matter of fact.

So why, oh why, you ask...are you writing a blog entry on a Sunday night? I was forced to, by Hugh Jackman. Wolverine is hosting the Academy Awards and OH MY GOD does it stink on ice. It gives me the heeby jeebies to watch him up there, doing some song and dance routine...I know he is a Broadway guy, but unless he's ramming ten inches of Adamantium into some thug's solar plexus I ain't interested.

Remember that Wall Plaque that we (at Palisades) put out a while back that had a coiled up Alien on it? I thought it was pretty nifty, in fact even though it was one of the weakest sellers of our Alien stuff I actually think it was only due to the fact that we had been doing Alien stuff for a while, and we'd sort of come to the end of the line. To me though, it was Jonesy's pajamas...


A while later, we decided to try something in the same kind of category, a wall hanging, this time using the Predator part of our Alien and Predator license. There was a piece sculpted, I do not remember by whom, but it was never able to be worked out to anybody's satisfaction. The decision was finally made to bail on it...things were going pretty badly by that time for the company and wasting any effort and money on a piece that was SO far from being complete and cool and, most of all, sellable, was foolish.

All I ever saw of it was a set of photographs sent in by the sculptor, and here they are below.



I know for a fact these were NEVER shown outside the Palisades offices, like on our site or anything, frankly it was too fuckin' embarrassing. It was NOT one of our finest hours. Though in theory? Cool idea...just poorly executed. Hey, can't win 'em all!


No comments:

Post a Comment