Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Artists Alley: AH!

If you call yourself a fan of comic books, and you do not know what AH! means, then shame, shame on you. AH! is the signature of the amazingly talented Adam Hughes, who is perhaps best known for how he draws the sexy babes.

Remember in the last Artists Alley how I said that deviantART had all kinds of artists on there? I believe the exact quote was "You get the full gambit, from kids just starting out, to guys like me who are sort of in the medium area, to full-on GODS in the professional comic world, like Adam Hughes..." He is one of my all-time favorite artists, in my same love-group as guys like Byrne, Adams, Kirby, Simonson, Ross and others, and he really is a card-carrying member of deviantART.

Check out some of his most recent deviations.







If you'd like to see more of his ASTOUNDING talents in action, check out the deviantART page of Adam Hughes. You'd have to sign up for an account (I think, not sure on that), but it's free and WELL worth your time to have access to his gallery, as well as hundreds of thousands of other pieces of fantastic art!


2 comments:

  1. Ken, I have an all-day meeting today; but finally got info yesterday. I will be emailing you this evening. You guys are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing stuff. And he's a super nice guy. I got to talk to him for about an hour about 3 years ago at Toy Fair at the Sideshow booth. Turns out he's a toy collector as well.
    I've watched him do sketches at shows and it's just incredible to watch him work.
    I know Tim Bruckner really loved working on the DC Direct Wonder Woman statue with him.

    ReplyDelete