Friday, March 20, 2009

Mmmmm....Muggsy

Some new Mighty Muggs were added to my collection this week. This of course makes my collection MIGHTIER THAN EVER! I just love saying that. And no, it never gets old.

First up? Filling some holes. An Indiana Jones ROTLA...um, Monkey Man? Why they did him instead of a Toht or Colonel Dietrich or even better still, Rene Belloq, is BEYOND ME.


Then another single I stumbled across actually, but happily scooped up since I did not have. Though the connection is not as strong, as it never is with these Expanded Universe Star Wars guys...I just don’t really know who Darth Revan really is beyond what I read, so while great to have him from a collection perspective I'm not really sure I care.


Next Up? Filling some holes. A Darth Maul I had been missing and a First Appearance Iron Man I had been missing. Both off of eBay, great deals.


Another eBay deal, picked up a Whitey. I am considering trying my hand at a custom design and seeing if I can figure out how to actually pull it off and make it look good. Since these are all tampo printed graphics it is hard to do it and have it match up to the quality of the product when you do a custom, but maybe there is a way to do it with some masking and maybe some minor wet/dry labels and such. Anyway, thinking about it.


Then, last but not least, directly from HasbroToyShop.com with a coupon I had from a prior transaction gone horribly wrong (the only one, otherwise they are awesome IF and only IF you do not freak out over not always getting a minty fresh package). This is the latest Marvel wave, with classic Cyclops and Phoenix!


How SWEET is that! Bring on Colossus, Nightcrawler, a brown Wolverine and Storm so I can complete me basic John Byrne X-Men set!

Old school, baby! Snik'ty Snik't!!!


1 comment:

  1. Man, those Mighty Muggs are so popular. I'm standing right next to some Star Wars ones them in the shop where I work. However, if I get one more person asking me where the "mug" portion is I will scream.

    It will be interesting to see what you come up with for a design. I can never find the inspiration to actually color the Munny I've had for two years now.

    ReplyDelete