Friday, March 27, 2009

Plush X-Files Flukeman

Canceled product. I often wonder if other people who work in producing collectibles had as much that they developed that was shitcanned as I have seen happen over the past ten years. It all started at ReSaurus, with TONS of canceled stuff, and at Palisades it continued. Kept going with my own little venture with pretty much everything that was planned. Ah well...

X-Files. One of my favorite things in the world. Plush. Another of my great joys. X-Files PLUSH? A disaster of an idea that I am surprised got as far as it did. But, there was a time when we would try anything and see what stuck, and this plush Flukeman is one such item.




This was prototyped by a very talented woman, Susan Capone...she and her husband worked on the Oscar Can Area playset and the 123 Building Playset on Sesame Street, and she also did a smoking jacket for a canceled Pink Panther exclusive. They both did great work, but I don't think anything they did actually ever came out, since we only met each other the last year I was at Palisades.

This never even got to the factory stage. It made it only to this...a single, hand-sewn prototype.

He sleeps under my pillow, thank you very much.


2 comments:

  1. They are talented. They did a great job. And it creeps the heck out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good, but yeah this wasn't that great of an idea...

    ReplyDelete