Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I have a much deeper appreciation for parenthood in general than I have ever had before, and so it is with great delight that I bestow upon all Mothers out there best wishes on this day that honors you.


And really, what says Mother more than an American Airlines ad from what looks like the late 1960's?

On to some more personal notes...


To the Mother of my Children? Holy Hell, how can I impress upon you how much I admire your strength through all of what we are going through? You are a far, FAR stronger person than I. I could not imagine a better Mother for Carter and Bennett, and I mean that. Whatever happens...WHATEVER happens, I know that you will find a way to make all of this work, somehow. You always have. You are without question the glue that binds this family together. And BTW, this is one of my favorite pictures even though you are barely in it. But it was the one I thought of the moment I decided to find a pic of you being 'Mom'.


To my Mother-in-Law? I can't express enough gratitude for all you've done and continue to do with Bennett. Honestly, I do not know what we would do without you right now. Certainly we would be up the creek. You have a strength too that echoes in your daughter, even though you never give yourself enough credit for it. The things you have beaten down might have crippled another. Thanks for being there, for all of us. And stop over-thinking the Star Trek Prequel. Go see it and enjoy it...it was great.


To my own Mother? Thanks...thanks for my life and everything else you've given me through the years. Thanks for teaching me to have a sense of humor. I know I have had a hard time maintaining it lately, but I think that is the single greatest gift you ever gave me, and it is very much a part of who you are. I miss you all the time, wish we lived closer to each other and hope that I can see you soon. If only the circumstances were better of course...this year is gonna be rough.

Happy Mother's Day to each of you, and Mother's everywhere!

2 comments:

  1. I love the daddy's view you give me...very sweet post. I hope all the girls in your life had a sweet Mother's Day...

    ...I spent mine sick as a dog! Although the hubs took good care of me...*smile*

    ...danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...You continue to impress me with your words....I cried....You can see how much you love and respect these three wonderful women in your life....What a perfect way to honor them on that special day! I wish my sons' father could see things as you see them....Thanks for your thoughts...

    ReplyDelete