Wow, I am BEAT. I am so tired I can barely even sit up to write at the computer. All I wanna do is go lay on the king bed and turn on the TV and fall asleep to the sounds of Rich Eisen telling me everything I missed over the past 36 hours in the world of the NFL.
But I know there are some people depending on this very blog for updates because A)I don't have time to call people and B)my Blackberry is a power hog and I zap out the charge pretty fast.
Anyway, this is gonna be the short update kind of stuff. The in-depth Lilly-esque over-analysis and feeble attempts at humor will be later.
Some quick notes:
1. Bennett is at the hospital having the EEG. He is frustrated but OK. Had some nice seizures for the test so far, good data. We've done this before, the PET scan is tomorrow.
2. Having the grandparents here has been about as helpful as it gets.
3. Elaine and Brandon Coleman are two of the most impressive human beings I have met in a long time. Their daughter Sophie is PRECIOUS in person. I have a lot to write about meeting the Coleman's, but want to do it when I can do it justice.
4. Staff at Children's Hospital of Michigan are uncanny. And I mean that in a good way. Much more on that later.
5. I'm fine being in the middle class. Some of the stuff in this swank hotel room we got a sick deal on I can't even figure out how to make it work, it's way too much for the rich folk. But the room service was fuggin' TASTY. Though I was seriously craving some Mexican tonight...wish that had been on the menu.
6. Richard...you...really shouldn't have, but thanks. It was a terrific surprise.
7. The casino I have to walk through on the way to the parking garage in the hotel is a swirling mass of ciggie stink. I can't believe I used to puff away on that shit.
That's all I got. Had little sleep last night, will get maybe a few hours tonight, and back to the hospital in the morning early to transfer Bennett out of a room and into outpatient PET scan area. Hopefully will have some time tomorrow to write, but also have to try to hit some work stuff too.
But you know me, I'll have full-fledged explosive Blogarrhea when I actually recap the whole trip after it is said and done.
And in case anybody is wondering, despite Jen telling me to come back here for the night and her decision to have her and her Mom take the night shift, I am holding it together really well, just like I hoped. I got teary eyed twice, and once it wasn't even over Bennett. First one was, cause I just hate seeing his face when leads get put on for EEG. Sucks. Second was some misty eyes over how happy Brandon and Elaine were. When they left after their visit I just thought...wow, what an amazing journey they have been on...
Anyway, I am beat, gotta hit it. Super tired.
Much more to come.
Thanks to all for the messages so far, will get back to all of them.