Monday, July 6, 2009

Artists Alley: Gingashi

Sorry, but still haven't gotten round to the big update this week for Bennett and our impending trip to return to Cleveland Clinic. Soon.

Until then, we take another look at one of the many gifted and talented people you can find at deviantART, the website for artists to post their work and participate in an online community. You get the full gambit at DA, from kids just starting out, to guys like me who are sort of in the medium area, to full-on GODS in the professional comic world, like Adam Hughes, Tim Townsend, Casey Jones, Jim Lee and others, who put images of their work up, write journals and talk to one another. I also maintain my own deviantART page, which if you ever feel adventurous you can always check it out.

Today I want to introduce you to the work of Eric Y. Huang, who goes by the deviantART name of 'Gingashi'. I do not know that much about Mr. Huang, though in one of his journals (that's the DA equiivelant of a Blog) he describes himself as an artist in transition.

He has this to say:
I'm pondering on what to do next, although there are plenty of obligations I need to attend to first before my artistic needs can be met. I want to post some big polished works, but in the meantime I hope some sketches will be good to share.

Don't mind me as I continue to swim about styles and confuse my artistic identity. Please stick around and see what happens. Thanks once again, you guys remind me to get back to the deep and pure enjoyment of drawing.


Take a look at some of my favorite pieces of this AMAZING artist. Click on any of them to view them full size. You always should...most art and photos just aren't done justice in any thumbnails views.

I specifically chose these 'mixes' cause I have always liked the idea of the 'mix', taking two characters and blending them, ala that Amalgam Universe back in the Marvel Vs. DC series. He has a lot of different work than this, but this was what I wanted to show here.






If you'd like to see more of his talents in action, check out Gingashi's deviantART page. You'd have to sign up for an account, but it's free and WELL worth your time to have access to his gallery, as well as hundreds of thousands of other pieces of fantastic art!


1 comment:

  1. We're in Southern California but close enough to the ocean that as evening comes,or at 9pm when the long sleeve pictures were taken,that it cools down.Or perhaps it's the wimpy, thinned out Upstate NY blood that necessitated it ... sometimes not sure which one it is!!

    ReplyDelete