Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Introduction to a Good Friend

If you read my blog regularly or know me at all, you know how much religion is a difficult topic for me. It's hard to talk about, it's hard to think about, and I avoid it a lot, even when some aspects of it stare me in the face.

One of these days, I have a very fascinating story to tell you about a friend of mine named Richard. I haven't yet figured out how I want to tell you this story, or what exactly I want to say about it, because it is the kind of story that deserves to be told in great detail, and I have not had the time of late to give it it's proper due.

But trust me when I tell you it's a good story, it'll be worth the time it will take for me to write it and it will be worth your time to read it.

I will put it to electronic paper at some point, but in the meantime I invite you to check out his blog at Daddyspeak. He's got a great post today about prayer, and it says a lot about who he is.

Enjoy...

6 comments:

  1. Hey! I appreciate you for that! I better go spell check again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cliffhanger, this must really be good.

    And I have the same problems you have with religion, not just the belief in a god, or gods; but especially with any kind of "organized religion"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your friend Richard. I think he's a keeper! :)

    Look forward to his part II...and your story!

    ...danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whether Richard is a minister or not, he seems to be doing a very good job reaching you. Thanks for pointing us in his direction; that was a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you weren't kidding! That guy seems pretty awesome. I will for sure be adding him to my list of blogs that I read.

    Thank you!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely have my curiosity up...I know that anything you recommend is definitely worth checking out...

    Thanks for thinking of us...

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete