Friday, October 2, 2009

The Lemonade Award


Ellen, who writes a pretty awesome blog called To The Max, has given this award to me, and I'm touched. For anybody who participates in social networking sites, like Facebook and the like, it's one of those things that requires a bit of participation from me, ala a 'Pay it Forward' type of scenario.

Anyway, The Lemonade Award is supposed to honor those people who show great attitude or gratitude, and I assume the origins of the title are from the old saying 'When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.' At least, it better be, or I'm going senile.

In any case, it's nice to know people read my junk, it really is. I am always floored by it. Always humbled by it. Always appreciate of it.

My acceptance of this award comes with some rules, and here they are. I must:

- Put the Lemonade logo on your blog or within your post. (CHECK)
- Nominate at least 10 blogs with great attitude or gratitude. (CHECK-SEE BELOW)
- Link the nominees within your post. (CHECK-DITTO)
- Let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blog. (WILL DO SHORTLY)
- Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award. (CHECK-ABOVE)

Truthfully, I have WAY more than 10 people I would send this award to, but 10's the rules so 10 is what I'm doing. If I left you out, please don't think I am not just as into yours, I just have a 10-limit rule.

Anyway, I hereby forward The Lemonade Award to:

Danielle who writes Dear Trevor

Elaine who writes Our Sweet Sophie

Liz who writes Maddie’s Marathon Against Leukemia and IS

Holli who writes Austin's IS Journey

Mike who writes Marissa's Bunny

Cynthia who writes Colby's Corner

Katy who writes Bird on the Street

Richard who writes Daddyspeak

Heather who writes Little Wonders

Melanie who writes Better than Normal

That's all I got today...besides, now you have a lot of visiting to do (if you don't already read these people's blogs).

OUT...

7 comments:

  1. So cool, I've never heard of the award. And thank you, I'm honored to receive it!! :)

    There's a couple I haven't ventured to yet. Sounds like a great way to find new blogs to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...thanks for my nomination...tee hee!! guess I'm just not that popular these days...oh well. win some, lose some

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dig you muchly too...

    xoxo

    ...danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew I'd hurt SOMEBODY'S feelings, that's why I should know better and not do these kinds of things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was totally just being sarcastic!! {{{hugs}}} =-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. When ever I hear: "If life gives you lemons, make lemonade."

    I always get reminded to something else I heard in a movie as a response to that: "So if life gives you a big pile of shit, what should I do with that? Shit salad?"

    If life gives you lemons, demand something else.

    Never mind the rant above, this is a cool award mainly due to the rules attached.

    Someone gets a virtual award and other get publicity for their blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! It's been awhile since I got an award for ANYTHING except for being that "crazy special needs mom"!!! Thank you SO much for thinking enough of me and Colby to share this with us....SO not deserving!

    But YOU, on the other hand....At the risk of repeating myself....Your writings are SO heartfelt and SO absolutely REAL....Your blog DOES deserve the Lemonade Award....

    I plan to check out the couple that I had not read yet....

    Thanks again!

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete