Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Pee-Pee Lamp


Many thanks to those who wished Bennett a Happy Birthday yesterday, and to those of you who expressed some concern for me and my issues with what I am now convinced is some kind of bad reaction to the new anti-anxiety medicine Cymbalta. I am not taking it anymore as of today, and while I still have many of the symptoms I had yesterday and the night before, I am hoping that as the day progresses and after a full day without I can see some turn in the other direction. This was scary. Around the same level of frightened I was when I went OFF of Effexor. I never though those freakish symptoms would go away.

Though I suppose I should count myself as lucky. If I had started having this reaction while I was out meeting new folks from MVP for the first time. Um, yeah...not so good. I would have weirded the bejeez right out of 'em.

I'm slammed this week anyway, so my blogs will be short while I eat my lunch, though I will eventually get pics up of that Ravens event I went to and the birthday we WILL have for Bennett Saturday, for now, you'll have to sustain yourself on Bite-Size Lilly-nuggets.

Here comes one now...check out what I affectionately refer to as the 'Pee-Pee Lamp'.


Pretty cool huh? And yeah...the head lights up when you flip the switch to the 'Up' position. I cannot for the LIFE of me remember where it came from either, and that's the unusual part. I think I got it while I was working for Palisades, but I can't remember the exact circumstances, or who made the product.

Wish I could...I would be VERY pleased to have a few more!

OUT...


8 comments:

  1. Do those come in a female varient?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The face looks like Jack from Jack-in-the-Box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny.

    Hope the med is completely out of your system soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It DOES look like Jack!!! That is TOO funny!

    Hope you are feeling better and better....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. just found this blog and am enjoying reading it. good stuff.

    A happy birthday to your baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cymbalta lasts 72 hours in your systems, before it's expelled, so you need to give it more than one day to see actual effects, if it is indeed Cymbalta's fault.

    If it is, I'd like to advise you to ask the doctor for a new one to substitute it. If it's not it's fault, you might want to try and give it another chance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's the Cymbalta. I can't take those serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors. The only other anti-depressants I have ever had problems with have been those. It has to be in a different family. I just didn't do my frikkin' research on Cymbalta and saw how great the wife was doing with it.

    My reaction started about 79 hours after my first dose and I'm about 80 hours from my last and I was having an OK day until around 3:30 and I took a bad turn, since then I have been battling nausea and disorientation which is just starting to abate a little.

    My hope is that tomorrow I will feel tip-top if that is true about the 72 hour cycle. I should be have it all out of my system by then I would hope, or down to levels that are small enough to not be beating the shit out of me.

    As for trying something else? I have no issue with that Telmo, just not a serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor. I'll try something from the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor class. I can tolerate those better, and a good friend suggested I might be in a situation not unlike epilepsy, where it will take a combo of two softer meds instead of one more potent one.

    We'll see.

    And Richard, apparently these DO come in a female variant. Another friend clued me in on what these are. And he also found a girl version in his search.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/yewenyi/2406595619/

    ReplyDelete
  8. The lamp is called Mr P, and he's all over ebay. Linksy: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Mr-P-Shy-Boy-Bed-Desktop-Table-Desk-Lamp-Light-Gift_W0QQitemZ270485965164QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Lighting_Fans?hash=item3efa38496c

    ReplyDelete