Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Weekful (Sorta) of Kubricks (Part 1)

Lots of stuff has been going on. Lots of stuff. Some good some not so good. But I have nary the time nor the will to blog about it for the time being. Every time I try to blog about something 'serious' I just end up with a giant pile of crap.

So, since I also have this unbelievable need to actually keep this thing updated, I feel like trying to get caught up on showing off some of the many, and I do mean many, Kubrick figures that have been added to the collection over the course of 2009. Just gonna write up a week's worth tonight while Carter is at his Karate belt ceremony and I am here with Bennett, and set them to go live the rest of the week. That way I can stay focused on all the other stuff I gotta do this week.

Many of these are thanks to a good buddy who knows who he is, who has sort of taken it upon himself to be my Kubrick Savior. He watched out for stuff I might want or need, keeps me posted on stuff, and helps me get my hands on it for a lot cheaper than I normally would have to pay through, say, U.S. eBay and other type places. Anyway thanks K.S., you know how much I appreciate you 'havin' my block', so to speak.

Anyway, on with the updates.

This set of Kubs (as we Kubrick figure fans like to call them) is from Where the Wild Things Are. Based much more on the look of the film than the drawings of Maurice Sendak, these came out a couple months back.









There is a boxed set of a different version of Max packed with a Be@rbrick figure, which I actually did just get from BigBadToyStore.com for a nice cheap price, I just haven't gotten around to photographing it yet.

OUT...


2 comments:

  1. I love these. I have the bird (which I'm sure has a name...) and I really, really want the others. I picked it up at Urban Outfitters. The problem is they also have Dunnys and everything else, so when I go there I usually wind up getting one of each of many figures instead of a bunch of the same kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't seen these until just now. They're fantastic. I will have to try and get a hold of some. A friend of mine is actually one of the Wild Things. He puppeteered Ira with the big nose. He is a very tall man.

    ReplyDelete