Friday, July 9, 2010

My Idiocy Knows No Bounds


Fuck Mother Nature.

There. I said it.

Well, it's actually my fault, but I'm looking for someone to blame. Might as well be that crazy, fickle bitch.

Multi-tasking on the computer.

I suck at many things.

This I am good at.


Got four or five programs up and running, working on several different things at once, trying my best to focus on one thing but that is never easy with my particular personality unless I hyper-focus on it.

So many cool things going down.

I'm groovin', working at maximum speed and capacity.

Snap.

Power goes out for a split second.

Computer?

Off.

Last two hours?

Wiped away.

My mood?

Shit.

Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know, constantly save your stuff.

I know that.


But I'm a jackass who has picked up a bad habit. See, the desktop is upstairs in my joke of an office and the laptop is on the main floor in the kitchen 'desk thingie area' that many kitchens have.

Now, the laptop has a battery, so when the power goes out it sticks its middle finger directly into the face of Mother Nature. I am so proud of you, Laptop. You rock my world and make my groin ache.

But because Bennett is here this week, and he howls and screeches if he sees me and I don't pick him up, I try to stay out of sight and earshot, so I was working on my desktop upstairs, which I rarely do anymore.

Yer sayin'...Um, Wuzzat? You go upstairs and leave him downstairs? Who is watching him you freakin' Bad Dad? Well, worry not, the Home Health Aide is here during the day this week while he is off from school.


I don't actually USE the desktop in my office much anymore either. Ever since I found out that Bennett was turning it on and off and on and off cause he liked the lights, it hasn't been working as smoothly as it has before. SO I use the laptop for almost everything now. And that battery fail-safe has caused me to pick up a bad, bad habit.

I don't hit save every five minutes or so like I used to.

That's it...I'm done bitching. Tell you this though...can't WAIT until Monday. It's been a more difficult week than most. AND, I get a slight reprieve as of this afternoon. At around 4PM today Jen is going to her sister's, with both kids. Actually Carter is there now she will just be taking Bennett.

Coming back on Sunday.

House?

It will be quiet as can be. Though I do honestly miss them all a lot when they are gone, I also appreciate the ability to try to clear the build-up in my melon. And Bennett's howling gets to me in a way I need to try to properly explain in another blog. I have headaches every day from it.


But this weekend is de-compression time for me. I've got some DVD's I ordered all ready to go. I'm most looking forward to Once Upon a Time in the West, which I do not think Jen would like so I need to watch it while she is away. I've got a list of a few things I want to do as far as household junk, and of course Red Dead Redemption will always be a part of every day.

OUT.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete