Monday, April 18, 2011

I'm Alive...If You Call This Living


Reports of my death were greatly exaggerated.

And by the way, cause you know I love to teach y'all a thing or two, did you know that is NOT the exact quote of Mark Twain? And SingleDad will appreciate this, as he is the Batman villain known as The Quotester, but that Twain quote is so often mis-quoted it is SICK.

The ACTUAL quote is this. Check out the original note.


'The report of my illness grew out of his illness. The report of my death was an exaggeration.'

There is a whole back history to the tale, which I won't bore you with, but suffice it to say that I have been sick all week, and now, this week, we'll see if I have time to write as well. Because even as I have the lingering, snotty effects of whatever this shit has been that has ailed me still nipping at my soul, I also have another issue to contend with.


Bennett has Spring Break.

Which means it is neither a break nor Spring for Yours Truly.

There is SOME relief, in 2-3 hours each day of a part-time HHA who will be coming by to help during the peak of the day, but other than that it will be me and The Kid by ourselves. Jen can't really hang back and work from home like she did most of last week, since that backed her up as I was no help at all watching Bennett because I was operating at about 40%.

Since I am up to about 85% now, I can handle things on my own. Or I'll at least try to.


Gonna be a wild one, though, just with no chicks taking off their tops and beer being sprayed everywhere. I suppose me and Bennett could try playing Quarters with Chocolate Milk or something...but he'd just spin the Quarter and I'd end up drunk on Chocolate Milk.

OUT.


5 comments:

  1. So glad that your sense of humor is intact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...I am LOVING your new layout. And, of course, the pic of Sophie :) And it's good to see S.P.E.C.I.A.L.S. back on the radar. I can't even imagine trying to get something up and started like that but I'll help in any way that I can. Especially in the Fall when Sophie is in full day kindergarten (that will be a bittersweet moment).

    I'm glad that you are feeling better. Good luck this week. One day at a time...one day at a time. You'll get through it. I know it ain't gonna be easy but hopefully the weather will nice and you can let him run free at a park or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahah....

    thanks for the laugh...

    Spring Break here next week for us.... likely it will be just about as exciting as yours!

    take care....Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Next you'll be telling us that Rick never said "Play it again, Sam."

    Pearlsky is on break as well. If you let me take my shirt off and spray some beer around, we will stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to say, love the lego Ken in the header ...

    ReplyDelete