Monday, June 27, 2011

Back Where I Started


Gotta keep this short.

Made it back home. Record time. Even faster than going out TO my Mom's house, don't know how I managed that. I barely registered on anyone's radar when I got here. People just had shit to do. I get it, I really do. That's the way of things. I'm a big boy, I can take it. And I still wouldn't trade it for the alternative, you can bet your bottom dollar on that.

And Bennett? He's just Bennett. Waddya gonna do?

Some would argue (and did) that he was sick, and he is...in fact, here I am, writing this, right back where I was before I left, watching Bennett again, this time with Carter here as well. But Bennett barely had anything to do with me when I arrived. Today he is starting to warm up, but he has no choice, I'm his only option really.

I have a lot more to say about some additional epiphanies I had this weekend about Life and all that shit from while I was out at my Mom's and things I discovered when I came back, some more interesting than others, but I gotta save it for another time, since Bennett is requiring a bit more focus today than usual.


But when I can, I'll get back into a more regular rhythm. Don't mistake my tone though...I am glad to be back. As I was trying to explain to Jennifer, I'm just trying to figure out the transition from the tranquility of where I was in my head to the chaos of where it is now.

Once I finish laying the bricks on the bridge, I'll be fine.

OUT.

1 comment:

  1. I call it all hitting the ground running when I come back from a time away. No time to breathe, reflect -- just hit the ground and start running.

    ReplyDelete