Friday, July 29, 2011

A Friend in the Hospital


Is it plagiarism to take parts of a post from another blog and post them in your own if you wrote the other blog? I mean...technically I try to keep the two blogs separate, but I did just kind of 'lift' this from the Mission: iPossible site. But it's like taking something from your left pocket and putting it in your right, right?

And besides...I really have been an absentee poster here, with MiP taking up most of my time lately.

Got piles of content for here though, if I can just get to some posts.

ANYWAY...


I wanted to give a shout out to a friend's kiddo. The kiddo is one of the Recipients in that contest that ended up sparking the whole Mission: iPossible fund-raising drive. That's how we ended up knowing each other.

Liam, from the Olson family, is in the PICU at Hasbro Children's Hospital. You can read the update by Eric, Liam's Dad, at Pressure Support and offer your words of encouragement to his family there, too.

Eric is good people.

How do I know this for sure?

I don't.

Why do I trust this to be true anyway?

I just can.

Even despite thinking you know a person and then finding out that maybe you don't?

No, BECAUSE of that.

Waddya doing, having a conversation with yourself, ya jackass?

Oh, sorry.

My point is, that you have a choice to make, as a human being about whether or not you are going to trust your instincts again, even though your instincts were proven to_be_dead_wrong. The answer is, of course you are. What other choice do you have?

People are gonna be wrong.

I'm going to be wrong. Again and again. Shit happens. Get over yourself. Focus on the future and the things that matter the most to you. Don't get tripped up in the penny ante bullshit.

Hasbro Children's Hospital is in the Rhode Island area. Send lots of gifts! If you are local, don't stalk for God's sake, but go to their blog and offer to bring 'em some coffee or something.

Community support.

And it is HASBRO Children's Hospital...remember that. I wonder how close it is to the Holy Land?


*EDIT(6:42PM EST):
I've never been a Twitter guy. For obvious reasons. Well, I think they're obvious. I have the affliction known as Diarrhea of the Mouth. Or in this case hands I guess. Although, I suppose I could use Twitter as an educational tool (would that be tax deductible?) to learn some brevity. But on Eric's Sidebar I saw this, and wanted to share. He 'TWEETS' I guess you call it. He's also a very witty guy.

@PressureSupport-Eric Olson
'After all we've done for him, Liam is now refusing to share his morphine drip.'

Now THAT is a man who is keeping his spirits up!

OUT.


1 comment: