Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Additions and Subtractions


While I wrote a blog that is in response to some of the comments and personal notes I got in relation to my post about taking Bennett out in public and family outings in general, that can wait.

Instead today I'd rather link up to Mission: iPossible, even though it seems to be Eric Olson Week on blogzilly, but that's fine with me. Why not?

Today I added him on our Who We Are page and announced him as an official contributor, and wrote a little bit about what that means over there.


And yes, it is, in fact, true, that thing I mentioned briefly on Facebook. I did take away all meat and dairy products as well as almost all processed foods from my diet. The things I now consume are radically, radically different. Been that way since Friday night.

I'm a bit more hardcore right now than I intend to remain. I will go back to having some bread and pasta at some point, maybe, in the future, as long as it is free of certain things and organic, and I may re-intro some swimmers in moderation, but for now its a complete elimination of all that shit, though I am allowing an occasional flour tortilla right now in a pinch only because of necessity while I wait for a non-flour alternative to show up. Considering what I WAS consuming? I can live with that ONE item still being there...for a short while.

This makes it I guess Day 5? I don't miss anything. I feel...particularly weird. I'm eating a lot of food though, all of it good. I feel leaner in this short of a time frame. I feel more...vibrant? Is that the word I am looking for? Energetic? Definitely more alert and alive. Everything tastes different. It is freaking crazy. Much more on this later, as I learn more about it and learn more about how it is affecting me.

It is good though. It is probably the best thing I have done for my health overall since I stopped smoking. Maybe ever.

OUT.

6 comments:

  1. Ok you are making me feel really guilty now about how and what I eat. I have known I need to change my habits for a while now, just haven't had the will to make the change yet. Congratulations on making the change! I am sure this will be a very good thing for your health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you. I know you can do this and how could you not be feeling more vibrant? As I have said so many times before, if you can quit smoking, you can do anything you put your mind to. I just know this will be no different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kevin, you just need the right motivation. If you get a Triglyceride reading of over 600? You'll at least consider doing something. :)

    But if you don't, and you find that the number is in the mid 500's after you have been on medication for a couple of months? Well......I think you'll do just about whatever you HAVE to do in order to make things right, don't you?

    And Heather...the truth is, I don't really feel like I am doing anything. In this instance, it's odd, it is just something that must be done. Not begrudgingly either...I'm having the most bizarre reaction to the whole idea. I'm not even looking at it like an accomplishment, or 'something I'm achieving'. It is the way things are now. It's so weird.

    But hey, whatever works. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go. I might follow. I did a 21-day cleanse last year around this time and felt so great. I have every intention to keep at it -- moderate the intensity somewhat, but I fell out. You've inspired me to perhaps give it another go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MWAH HAHA HAAAA and I will not rest until EVERY week is Eric Olson week at Blogzilly.

    Good luck with the eats man. I'm in the same camp as Kevin. I know what to do, there was a time when I was a very healthy eater, I just haven't gotten that motivation yet. Working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dropped all carbs from my diet (that is bread, pasta, grains and the like). Apparently, O blood types are pure carnivores! I eat meat and veggies...that's it. It's awesome. Dropped a ton of weight. Feel like a million bucks. Way to go for you! You WILL feel a difference and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Hang in there,you won't regret this. Don't be surprised if after the initial feel good part, you might run into some light headedness and nausea even...that's your body cleansing itself...will pass after a few days.

    ReplyDelete