Sunday, June 3, 2012

The Doctor Isn't In


Even though Time Travel is not possible, I often wish it were.

These photos were taken not that long ago.


Some less than a year.

They show a much happier kid. A more relaxed kid.


If I could, I would obviously go back and prevent the tumor.

But there are times that I just want to be able to go back and get to a place that isn't even as complicated as that.


What the Hell has happened to us? As I look through our family Photo Albums, I cannot figure out where these two boys took this crazy left turn.


I just don't get it.

OUT.

4 comments:

  1. I am having a horrible medication reaction today and can't get my brain to write anything coherent but wanted to tell you thank you for posting that last picture. That simple innocence is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hesitate to leave advice -- the presumption of it -- but I will venture to say that nothing is permanent. With help, you'll all get through this. Sometimes getting through an hour of a day needs to be enough. If you have to will yourself to think that, I urge you to do that. You've lost much and perhaps gained very little, but you're here right now and so are those two beautiful boys with their entire lives ahead of them. You're a good father, but sometimes it's all too much -- full catastrophe living -- a name of a terrific book by Jon Kabat Zinn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm a new follower of your blog. Your boys are beautiful btw! I'm so appreciative and admire blogs like yours, it's very honest and real. I was going to try to email you but I couldn't find a spot on your blog to do so. My son Henry, who is 3, was just diagnosed with a cortical dysplasia or brain tumor in his left temporal lobe. They aren't sure which yet. I was hoping to pick your brain on a couple of questions regarding this specifically. Let me know if that would be ok with you I'm sure you are super busy. Thanks for sharing your story, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel free to pick. See that graphic to the right that says "View My Complete Profile"? Click that, and there is an e-mail link. Click that, and it will let you e-mail me whatever questions you might have. I can try to answer whatever I can. Sorry to hear about your son, that sucks.

    ReplyDelete