Wednesday, August 1, 2012

It...Is...ALIVE!


Time to resurface I think.

Yeah...I suppose that no matter how much I try to convince myself to give this up, and that in the end it doesn't REALLY matter, I suppose it actually does, somehow.

It certainly has to matter more than the endless hours spent playing HALO, or the enormous amount of time during such an endeavor that I might spend trying to find something as insignificant as a skull or a terminal.

Many of you won't know what the Hell I am talking about. Or why it is even significant. And you won't understand when I say how much I detest The Flood. Can't stand levels that feature those freaky things in 'em.

Doesn't matter. Let's just say that I recognize that as a hobby, gaming is a time-sucker to the Nth Degree.

Granted, ever since my very old friend Richard got himself an X-Box 360 for his birthday, I have to admit that I really, really like being able to 'play' with him. There is something so overwhelmingly satisfying about it.


See, I don't really have any flesh and blood friends anymore. I could write a whole blog about all the reasons why. Hey, maybe I will someday. Maybe I will someday in August. Gonna try and shoot for another streak in August. Have lots of topics stacked and am anxious to get some things off my chest.

Besides, I need to focus a lot of things that are floating around in my brain, and since August is a very strange month for me traditionally, I can't think of a better time to do just that.

OUT.

7 comments:

  1. ooh! I am leaving to go camping..that means when I get back I will have 4 blogzilly posts stacked up to read?! ooh! ooh! (excited monkey sounds)

    And I have more cyber friends then fleshie friends too. People I have never met or talked too other then on line(some I dont even know there real names) So I don't think that is so uncommon anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot! You are alive I was beginning to wonder until you commented on your last post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ken, the picture of the two robots has been driving me nuts. I have spent hours trying to figure out what it is referencing but this is the best I could come up with:
    The inventor, a huge fan of the 1985 smash hit “Small Wonder” wanted a family of his own but was sterile due to a freak sewing machine accident in the early 90s. So, he and his wife- Vici, began to construct identical twin robots for their family. All was well but the inventor and his wife realized that the two robots would never be real children. Then one day the two robots became self aware (after yet another freak sewing accident). Once self aware they realized that they could not smile and therefore would never be invited to the Bushwood Country Club Invitational, a well known, unquenchable desire for all robots. Infuriated by the realization of their feckless golf desires, the robots in retaliation violently kill their human inventor (Miles Dyson) and rip out his heart. This blood lust becomes so insatiable and the robots rip out Miles’ wife’s heart as well to “send a message”. As a war trophy, the two robots wear the human hearts as broaches on their chests to serve, as one robot put it, “a warning to the human race of their upcoming extinction”. While rummaging through the house looking for the car keys to the Metallic Pea Sports Wagon with C.B. and optional rally fun pack, one of the robot assassins finds a book. After reading a very tantalizing back cover the robots became crazed by the inability to open the book and explore its contents, the robots devise a plan to sever the thumbs from the rotting corpses (as pictured the robots do not have opposable thumbs so I had to figure out how they would turn the pages). The robots begin a bottomless quest for learning via archaic paper devices fueled by TVs LeVar Burton. One of the robots becomes obsessed with Spanish. Amazingly, Miles Dyson (a well known Buddhist) comes back to life as a house cat. Seeing his own thumbless human corpse lying lifeless next to his own beloved wife’s digitally mangled corpse throws Miles into a deep bout of depression regarding the human condition and he to can no longer smile. So, the robots take in the cat and the reincarnated Miles Dyson serves as mentor teaching robots that the most important part of being human isn’t to kill but to love… the working title is “Blue Felt” The Domo Arigato Mr. Gato story….
    Am I close?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It actually does matter. A lot.

    Can't believe that is all I have to say following a comment such as the one above. I feel like a total loser, but it's all I got friend.

    Glad you are back. Now stay. Would you? Please?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow DP...you really need to get back into some action SOON, don't you? ;)

    And as far as the rest of you? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete