Wednesday, September 5, 2012

At Least There is This


My mood, which has been so-so of late, had to limp all the way through August.

I have such a Love/Hate relationship with that month. Some of the greatest things in the world are associated with it, and some of the worst are too. Plus it is always so freaking HOT. Hate that.

But even though September brings with it the horror and abomination of my birthday and another year closer to a dirtnap, it at least brings cooler temperatures and, best of all, the return of the football season.

It starts tonight. Oddly, on a Wednesday, because of a speech planned by the POTUS on Thursday. A game twixt the Super Bowl Champion New York FOOTBALL Giants and the Dallas Cowboys.

For me, the REAL season gets underway on Monday Night Football, when the Baltimore Ravens take on the Cincinnati Bengals in an AFC North game right out of the gate at home. At least it is at home. Can't wait.


We were so close last year. SO close. Watching Lee Evans drop a touchdown pass, then watching Billy Cundiff miss an easy field goal and seeing the Ravens NOT go to the Super Bowl was heartbreaking last year. I hope we do as well or better this year.

We'll see.

OUT.

7 comments:

  1. Okay, two things. I thought you disliked the word 'hate'. So much so that it rubbed off on me and if I were using love/hate I opt for love/ dislike or disdain. So there's that.

    Dirtnap? Seriously? I read that,and as a fellow member of the September birthday club and 3 whole years ahead of you, I find that kinda depressing.

    And yes, at least there is football and that is definitely something. So hang on to that.

    So, I guess that ends up being three things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least your Ravens will probably be pretty good this year. Should be a fun Monday night game. As for my Vikings, if they can break even, I'll be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Foot ball season makes me home sick for my youth. The neighborhood kids and I played a kinda cutthroat foot ball at the park. Kinda like the flag foot ball on Black Hawk down where everyone is armed with knives.

    Had I knew I was going to grow old and crippled I would have played more. Sigh, youth is wasted on the young.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must assume you enjoyed the Monday night game :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did...as much as I was able. Bennett is so off the charts lately it affects even something like that. And I also always tell myself that it is just one game, and things can always change, and a pass can always be dropped in the end zone.

    I'm in a shitty, bad, terrible, awful place. So as much as you would think I should be all over a game like that, it's hard to enjoy anything when one son seems to always be out of control, the other always seems to be slipping farther away and it is hard, so hard, to find good things in my life to hold on to right now.

    There might be light at the end of the tunnel, but right now it feels like I have no idea where the tunnel even is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really sorry to hear that things are not improving. Sending some good thoughts your way today and hoping things get better for you and your family. Hang in there as best you can.

    ReplyDelete