Thursday, November 1, 2012

YESvember 01 - Because I Am Tired of Negative Junk


OK, so this was SUPPOSED to go live on November 1. And the other on Friday. Admittedly I am out of practice.

I wrote 'em and scheduled 'em but, (for those of you not in the know when it comes to the back end of the Blogger interface) I hit SAVE instead of PUBLISH on it, and so instead of it essentially being a live item ready to go as scheduled, along with blog number 2 for November, since I knew I would not have time to really sit down again until Saturday, everything was shot to Hell because I can't read.

Only realized it because I kept thinking...damn...usually I get one or TWO e-mail notifications of a comment or two. Well, guess they are kind of 'fluff posts' anyway.

Crap.

Know what?

Oh well. That is just Life. Shit, as they say, happens. A lot.

Can't let it derail me.


So as I was trying to think of a way to channel something positive into the month of November, I wondered what I might title the month. What I might thematically refer to it as. October is SO easy, isn't it? SHOCKtober. Just rolls off the tongue. And November certainly could have some good ones...if I were writing a bunch of posts about my friends I could see BROvember working very nicely.

I chewed on a few for a while, none of them really worked for me. And I wasn't entirely sold on YESvember either. But then I just figured...why NOT YESvember? I wanted to go in a different direction, something a little more upbeat, not dwell so much in anything negative. And what could be more opposite to NO than YES?

You get the idea. This sort of replaces the whole 'Things I'm Thankful For' list and all that. Kinda like a 25 Days of Christmas, just not. :)

Anyway, that's how it's gonna be for while. Weekdays though. Can't do weekends also. Too much on my plate. Think of it as an effort on my part to sort of get my swing back a little.

PEACE.

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of YESvember! And yay to hearing more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a big fan of changing things up, so I love the no/yes interchange.

    ReplyDelete