Tuesday, November 6, 2012

YESvember 04 - Today I'm Hoping For a Negative


It's MRI Day.

After Bennett's surgery in 2009, he had to have these things 3-4 times a year, then three, and now 2. Each time, the results have shown no regrowth of his Stage II Oligoastrocytoma, that wacky Brain Tumor that he had jacked out of his head on August 27th that started this whole train ride in the first place.

So while YESvember is supposed to be about a reversal for me, a celebration of Positivity, in this case I want the opposite. I want NO regrowth, I want NO tumor. I want a Negative MRI, because in medical terms a Negative MRI is a POSITIVE thing.

The scan is probably over by now as I type this. Started around noonish at the Cleveland Clinic. Jen went up with both boys on her own and spent some time at her sister's place over the weekend. I imagine Bennett is in recovery, shaking off the grogs from the full anesthesia he has to be on when he goes into The Machine. He just is not able to sit still for an MRI, he doesn't have the ability to be told what it is, what it is all about.


Hell, they scare the shit out of ME and I am 45. Can't imagine what they would do to a little soon-to-be-5-year-old who we can't fully communicate with.

Hopefully will know very soon on the results. In the meantime, I do what I always so on MRI Day. I wait.

PEACE.

5 comments:

  1. Hoping for a big NOvember day today for Bennett and your family. You can go back to YESvember tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for a big NO for your family this day.


    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping and praying for TWO big NOs today! Way to get back to posting...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping, waiting and praying, along with you.

    ReplyDelete